Wednesday, April 23, 2008

SKILLS OVER DRUM FILLS!

Do you love the hip hop culture? Rap, graffiti, breakdancing, DJing and anything hip hop related?
Do you like that raw hip hop sound in the purest form?
Do you like hard hitting drums, funk, soul, breaks?
Do you want to know who sampled who?
Are you on a daily hunt for all the rare records that grace your wants list?
Are you a record fiend?

If you can answer any one of these questions with a simple "YES", then "SKILLS OVER DRUM FILLS" is the place for you to check regularly!

In the coming months you’ll get served a dope menu of boiling hot rap records and snacks of tasty breaks and samples. It will be a pleasure for me to pamper your eardrums with the dopest shit out there! You’ll also get hit with lots of infos about rare records, producers, hip hop history, small labels from back in the days and everything a true hip hop follower could be interested in.

Well, A Brother With Soul, who the hell is he? I am a 30-something, Southern Germany located hip hop veteran and vinyl addict always on the hunt for some dope records still missing in my crates. I was attending countless hip hop jams in Germany and Europe, including the famous Battle of the Year breaking championships. I love hip hop and everything hip hop related!

Check back soon for my first post about the Godfather of Soul, James Brown, and one of his most sampled tunes "Get on the Good Foot".

Stay tuned you dusty record fiends!


Benny aka ABWS

4 comments:

top-notch-records said...

Aight Benny, keep doin' your thing !!!
Peace & One Love,
Bibow (TNR)

Anonymous said...

Hi Benny!

Looks like this is going to be a nice site, definitely gonna check it out from timt to time.
Keep up the good work!

But why the hell is Mr. Diggindeep named before me in the shot outs? ;-)
Just kidding!

PEACE
XLARGE

Booxbowm said...

Aight..good looking. Thanks for linking my site. Great to see Germans spreading the good stuff around the net. Will definately come back to check your updates.

pe
Ben

abrotherwithsoul said...

Yo guys, thanks for checking my site! I will try my best to provide some interesting posts...
Peace
Benny